Medically reviewed by
Hair Transplant Packages in Turkey
Hair Transplant Packages: Services Included
The FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), Sapphire FUE or DHI hair transplant packages in Turkey cost $2,100 on average. This package includes commonly:
- A hair transplant procedure. Note, that the medical centers in Turkey specify the price for a maximum number of grafts, usually over 3,000 ones. So, if you have advanced alopecia and it is necessary to transplant a lot of hair follicles, the price remains stable and won’t increase.
- Pre-op blood tests. You will be checked on Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV.
- Consultation with a doctor. A specialist will survey you before and after a hair transplant, answer all questions, discuss the result, and afterward supervise your healing process.
- Local anesthesia. The hair transplant procedure will pass comfortably for you, you will not feel any discomfort or pain.
- Medications. A clinic provides all necessary medications required during surgery and after (painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, etc.)
- Accommodation. You can stay in a 4 or 5-star hotel for 3-7 nights depending on the hair transplant package you have paid for. Most frequently, a patient stays in a hotel for 3 nights after hair transplantation.
- Airport transfers. A representative of a clinic will meet you just after your landing in Turkey and will deliver to a medical center. So, you do not need to waste your time looking for a taxi or bus in a foreign country.
- Language assistance. Most Turkish clinics provide this option in English, German; some — in Arab, Spanish, French, etc. Specify, whether the staff of a chosen hair transplant clinic speaks your language.
- Bonus. Some clinics for hair transplant in Turkey additionally provide PRP therapy (like in Smart Hair Clinic in Istanbul) or stem cells injection (like at Estetik International) after a procedure to boost the healing and improve the outcome. Some facilities also offer meals and can even arrange a tour across the city for you.
The package price for hair transplants in Turkey makes the life of every medical tourist significantly easier: paying less you receive a maximum profit.
Check out the best hair transplant packages in Turkey:
Types of Packages Provided
The Turkish clinics suggest 2 main types of hair transplant packages:
- extended (or Premium).
There is no crucial difference between them: choosing any of these both you receive a qualitative but affordable hair transplant and a set of services mentioned above.
However, by selecting a Premium package you can count on a more advanced level of service and luxurious conditions of a stay. Usually, a Premium package includes meals, stay in a 5-star hotel, shopping and sightseeing tours, a private driver, and some extra beauty procedures. Selecting this hair transplant package, you obtain not only a procedure but also some kind of mini vacation.
Hair Transplant Package Day by Day Route
Day 1You land at the Turkish airport. As the inclusive package supposes, a representative from a clinic will be waiting for you. Usually, the clinic’s Customer Support Department monitors all possible flight delays. So, in any case you will be picked up from an airport on time. Then a transfer delivers you right to a clinic where you see a doctor, undergo a survey, do some medical tests, discuss hair transplant techniques. During a consultation, a doctor can offer you a FUE method and its modifications — DHI technique or Sapphire FUE hair transplant. The technique applied often depends on a hair transplant clinic you choose. If you have arrived late, a hair restoration surgery is performed the next day, so you can catch the moment to get rest.
Day 2A doctor performs a hair transplant. If it is necessary to replace a great number of hair follicles, the duration of the procedure is prolonged to up to 8 hours. When an intervention is over, a doctor dresses a bandage on the donor area (back of the head) and on the recipient area to minimize swelling.
Day 3On the 3rd day after the surgery, you see a doctor for a follow-up. A specialist estimates whether a healing process goes well and side effects are absent, and then shows you how to wash your head not to damage grafts (hair follicles), discuss a further treatment plan. You will repeat this way of washing till the 15th day to create a favorable environment for the follicles’ survival. If everything goes fine, you can return home. If necessary, during the whole stay for hair transplant in Turkey, an interpreter accompanies you.
Just 7-10 days after a hair transplantation, you can return to work. No one will even notice that you have experienced a hair transplant: swelling and crusts will disappear.
It is allowed to return to sports activities in about 1.5-2 weeks after a FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).
Contact us to receive a free consultation regarding packages for hair transplant in Turkey, local clinics, costs, and doctors. You will also receive the info about current hair transplant deals and available discounts.
- Wikipedia. Hair transplantation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_transplantation
- J Cutan Aesthet Surg. (2018). Complications in Hair Transplantation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6371733/
- The portal for rare diseases and orphan drugs. TURKISH HEALTHCARE POLICIES IN BRIEF https://www.orpha.net/actor/EuropaNews/2009/doc/TurkHealthPolicy.pdf