Tummy tuck is among the most sought-after plastic surgeries procedures worldwide list. About 1,000,000 million people do tummy tuck every year — 2 procedures start processing every minute. And you can also join these people with flat tummies and become one more happy person enjoying their reflection in the mirror.
Keep reading to find out how much a tummy tuck surgery costs in different countries and where you can get the most profitable options.
What Is the Average Cost of Tummy Tuck?
According to the Bookimed International Medical Tourism Platform, the average price for abdominoplasty is $5,050. The same time, the lowest cost for a procedure starts from $1,000. You can find the most affordable offers in the clinics located in Turkey or Mexico. If the price is not a key factor and you want to obtain world- class service, consider having a tummy tuck in the US or some European medical centers — the prices there reach up to $24,600.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons provides alternative price fluctuations: in the USA, the average cost of a tummy tuck is $6,154, conforming to the statistics of 2020.
The difference between the data of these two sources is explained by the fact that Bookimed provides statistics collected from the clinics located in 30+ countries, while the ASPS informs about the pricing in the US medical facilities only.
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
Brief Tummy Cost Guide
- the minimum cost — $1,000
- the average cost — $5,050
- the maximum cost — $24,600.
WHAT DOES THE COST INCLUDE
- medical consumables
- doctor’s fee
- post-surgery clothing
- 1 night of stay in a clinic.
WHAT AFFECTS THE COST
- the surgery type: a mini or classic tummy tuck
- doctor’s experience
- the country, where you have surgery
- travel expenses.
PRICES IN THE UNITED STATES
- the average price is $6,154
PRICES FOR TUMMY TUCK TYPES
- mini tummy tuck — from $1,000
- classic (or “full”) tummy tuck — from $3,000 to $24,600
- tummy tuck+liposuction —from $4,000.
AVERAGE COST AROUND THE WORLD
- Turkey — $4,200
- Mexico — $4,700
- Thailand — $5,150
- United States — $6,150
- Germany — $7,000
- United Kingdom — $8,300
- South Korea — $11,000
- Israel — $18,000
What Factors Do Impact the Tummy Tuck Cost?
- A type of surgery: a mini tummy tuck will cost less compared to a full tummy tuck that requires a more complicated approach and extended time for an operation. A doctor may also offer some additional interventions such as liposuction to achieve a desirable result.
|Surgery type||Impact on price|
|Mini tummy tuck||Lower cost due to smallest operated area|
|Full tummy tuck||Higher price because the extended area of the abdomen is involved|
|Liposuction||A procedure can be a part or tummy tuck cost or calculated additionally — plus 20-40%.|
- Surgeon’s experience. The board-certified doctors with a vast experience of abdominoplasty processing usually ask for a higher fee compared to those surgeons who have just started their career. Prefer picking experienced doctors to manage your surgery even if the final cost will be a little higher.
- The country where you intend to have abdominoplasty. The price for a tummy tuck may differ up to 3 times, depending on a country where you will undergo an operation. Each state has its own price policy regarding medical services, so by picking the country with the most affordable prices you may save about 50-60% of your budget.
- Medical services covered. Some clinics may point the price only for a tummy tuck without some medical services related to an operation. Always ask whether the price includes payments for an anesthesia, an anesthesiologist’s fee, medical consumables.
- Accommodation. Some clinics provide accommodation for a patient, but in some cases you pay for a stay from your pocket.
- Travel expenses. Calculate not only the expenses related to your surgery. Flight tickets, meals, a taxi or transport may significantly affect the final cost of your tummy tuck.
Additional Tummy Tuck Related Costs
When you start checking the prices for a tummy tuck, you should take into account that the lowest price does not always mean the most profitable for you. Some services or additional expenses cannot be included in the final bill. Among the services paid extra may be:
- pre- and post-op consultation with a doctor
- medical exams before surgery
- compression garment put after abdominoplasty
Some clinics include these items into the initial price or provide them as a bonus for a patient. However, some plastic surgery centers can require you to pay extra for the listed services. Ask your doctor beforehand what services you should pay additionally to calculate your budget properly.
How Much Do Different Types of a Tummy Tuck Cost in Different Countries?
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost Around the World?
A global tummy tuck cost comparison:
PRICE COMPARISON FOR DIFFERENT ABDOMINOPLASTY TYPES
|Mini tummy tuck||$2,500||from $3,100||$5,100||upon request||$5,500||$8,300|
|Full tummy tuck||$4,100||$4,700||$5,100||$7,000||$8,000||$7,100-$10,000|
|Tummy tuck+liposuction||$4,500||$4,700-$7,200||$5,100||$7,000||$17,000||upon request|
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost Across the United States?
The price for a tummy tuck in the USA ranges within $4,000-$18,000, depending on the state and surgery complexity. Check the price comparison below to find out where you can find the most beneficial abdominoplasty offers within the USA.
A tummy tuck cost by states:
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in the United Kingdom?
The average cost of abdominoplasty in the United Kingdom fluctuates within £4,500- £6,000, and reaches up to £9,000 according to the data of the British plastic surgery clinics. The pointed prices do not include expenses for a surgeon’s consultation and related charges.
Package Prices for a Tummy Tuck
What is a package, and how can I benefit?
Bookimed partner clinics provide deals and special package prices for our patients, covering all expenses related to a tummy tuck. The cost of packages is usually more profitable for a customer than buying all the services separately: the offers allow saving about 15-30%.
Package price usually includes:
- a full tummy tuck procedure
- consultation with a doctor
- medical tests
- 1 night of a hospital stay
- compression garments (optional)
- meals (optional).
Note that the deals are of limited duration and can include varying sets of services. Contact Bookimed to find out what packages are available right now and how much you can save.
Check out for tummy tuck offers and packages provided by the clinics located in different countries:
Does Health Insurance Cover the Cost of a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck surgery is considered an esthetic procedure, so health insurance does not cover the expenses. It means that you should pay for all charges related to an operation from your pocket.
The only exception when the health insurance provider can compensate for some money is when abdominoplasty is performed for a medical purpose. For instance, a patient requires breast reconstruction with the fat transfer. During an operation, a surgeon performs a tummy tuck to take some fat deposits from the abdomen and replaces them into breasts. This type of intervention is pretty rare and requires specific indications.
So, if you have a limited budget but truly want to obtain the body of your dream, you should pick those clinics that offer the most affordable prices or special discounts. But in pursuit of low cost, do not forget about the quality tummy tuck aspect that can be achieved only if a highly-skilled surgeon manages an operation.
Submit a request on Bookimed, and our coordinators will help to pick the most proper offers according to your preferences and budget.
Tummy Tuck with Bookimed
Why is the procedure abroad the best option?
There are 3 primary points to experience abdominoplasty abroad:
- Lower prices. Patients from the USA, UK, and other European countries may postpone having the tummy tuck procedure because of high prices offered in the local clinics. Turkish and Mexican plastic surgery centers are ready to perform the same quality surgery but 2-3 times cheaper.
- Top surgeons. Plastic surgery specialty is developing fast but not in every country. Sometimes, it is challenging to find enough experienced doctors within your country of residence. International clinics with focus on medical tourists employ highly-skilled surgeons with proven experience.
- Advanced service. It is crucial to feel comfortable and relaxed after having plastic surgery, especially a complex one such as a tummy tuck. Reputable medical centers maintain their service on a high level satisfying all patients’ needs. They provide comfortable hospital rooms, transfer, language assistance, 24/7 support and care.
How to Start Today with Bookimed
To arrange your tummy tuck journey with Bookimed, follow these steps:
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (2020). ISAPS Global Statistics. https://www.isaps.org/medical-professionals/isaps-global-statistics/
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (2019). ISAPS International Survey on Aesthetic/Cosmetic Procedures. https://www.isaps.org/media/hprkl132/isaps-global-survey_2020.pdf
- Bookimed (2020). Best Tummy Tuck Clinics. https://us-uk.bookimed.com/clinics/procedure=abdominoplasty/
- Mayo Clinic (2019). Tummy tuck. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/tummy-tuck/about/pac-20384892
- Healthline. (2018). Tummy Tuck Recovery: Timeline, Tips, and More.
- Wikipedia. (2021). Abdominoplasty.